Summer has ended and Fall has arrived, but you would never know it here in the south. We’re still enjoying 80+ degree days, which makes it a challenge to think about the Fall Season.
Corn mazes are in full swing, pumpkin patches have plenty of pumpkins to pick, and hayrides are ready to lead us down the path of Autumn. The leaves are turning and it’s just a great time to get outdoors and play.
What are your favorite fall activities?
September transitions us from summer to fall, yet sometimes we get so caught up in preparing for the holidays, we forget to enjoy the fall.
Not this year. This year we’re going to embrace the fall season with some fun activities for everyone in the family.
Make a plan to enjoy the season before the weather forces us inside for our winter hibernation.
What fall activities are you planning?
I’ve made a list for our family and I want to share it with you. Hopefully, you’ll be inspired to make your own list or use this one.
Here’s our list for fall fun…
- Visit a pumpkin patch and take one home (and roast your pumpkin seeds)
- Pick some apples (and turn them into a healthy baked apple dessert)
- Make some healthy chili in your slow cooker (and come home to dinner already done)
- Take photos of the fall foliage (turn them into canvas prints for gifts for loved ones)
- Shop at your local farmer’s market (pick seasonal fall veggies to cook in your kitchen)
- Use your fire pit or build a bonfire (gather around it with loved ones)
- Go hiking (the autumn surroundings are different even on your favorite trails)
- Update your skincare routine to be more autumn-friendly (heavier formulas will lock in hydration even as the wind gets chillier)
- Organize your sweaters and cold weather clothes (donate anything that doesn’t fit, or you have had lodged in your closet for years)
- Make s’mores using dark chocolate (and use a banana instead of graham crackers for a low-carb option)
- Get a good book (and read it outside)
- Make yourself a healthy warm fall beverage (perfect for better immunity)
- Have an autumn-themed movie night
- Make popcorn and season with olive oil and dill for a healthy snack
- Make your coffee by sprinkling ground cinnamon on top
- Create dried flower bouquets for autumn
- Look for volunteering opportunities near you
- Use cozy essential oils to set the mood (cinnamon and clove are always a great choice)
- Go for at least one bike ride before the snow covers the trails
- Start a journal (and make it about gratitude)
Twenty ideas to get you started, surely you can do most of these and add a few of your own.
Let me invite you to join my Facebook member’s group, Healthy Living for Life, where you can share photos of you and your family enjoying this fall season. I’ll be posting some delicious fall recipes to go with this fall fun list and some healthy tips along the way.
Click the link below to download your copy of the “Fall Fun Activities” list and get started enjoying the beautiful fall season.