Cooking from your heart is the truest form of cooking. Your family, my family, and everyone in between have their favorite traditional recipes, with egg salad being one traditional recipe that you may have never thought about changing.
Here’s your chance.
Egg salad takes on the flavors of whatever seasoning you decide to use. With this recipe, you’ll kick it up a notch or two with a little added horseradish. This adds a nice background kick of flavor without being overwhelming. It is a nice variation from your traditional dill or thyme often used.
Surprise your family with your new “Kicked Up Egg Salad.”
Kicked Up Egg Salad Sandwiches
12 large eggs
3 – 4 Tablespoon mayonnaise or vegan alternative, to desired consistency
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1-1/2 teaspoon horseradish sauce or dry horseradish powder
Finely chopped celery, to taste
Sea salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Chives or green onions, to taste
Lettuce leaves, romaine or green leaf preferred
What you need to do
- Hard boil eggs using preferred method.
- Peel and chop eggs. (Using an egg slicer makes quick work of chopping eggs)
- Finely chop celery.
- Add 3 T mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, and celery to mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add chopped eggs and mix gently. Add salt, pepper, and chives to taste.
- Slice croissants in half. On bottom half, layer a piece of lettuce. Add egg salad. Add croissant tops and place on platter.
- Serve with a vegetable display and dip.