One Skillet Taco Tuesday
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
2 T. chili powder
1 T. ground cumin
1 t. ground coriander
2 t. garlic powder
1 t. smoked paprika
1 ½ t. fine sea salt
1 t. ground black pepper
½ t. ground white pepper
¼ – ½ t. cayenne pepper*
Remaining taco seasoning can be stored in an airtight container with a tight-fitting lid for several months.
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
½ medium white onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1¼ lbs. ground beef (80% lean)
2 T. taco seasoning
1 10-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilis, drained
4 oz. shredded Mexican-blend cheese (+ extra for serving or topping)
Optional, to Serve:
For tacos: Taco shells or lettuce wraps, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa, and/or extra cheese
For nachos: Gluten-free tortilla chips, diced tomatoes, sliced green onions, and/or avocado
- Prepare the taco seasoning by combining all ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine and transfer to an airtight container. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. Add diced onion and garlic and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and develops some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add beef to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully drain excess fat from skillet.
- Add taco seasoning and fire-roasted tomatoes and green chilis and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes are heated through and the beef mixture is thoroughly coated in the taco seasoning, approximately 2-3 minutes. Taste, and add additional taco seasoning, if desired.
- Remove from heat and top with shredded cheese. Cover for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Serve immediately with desired accompaniments. Enjoy!