Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be so dull and boring – but they don’t have to be!
This tasty dish comes together quickly and is very figure friendly.
Enjoy this low-carb recipe made with all fresh ingredients and it pairs beautifully with a simple side dish of sautéed kale or Swiss chard.
Lemon Garlic Chicken with Sautéed Kale
- 4 4 to 6 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic finely minced
- 1 Medium Shallot thinly sliced
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes Optional
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Organic Lemon Washed and thinly sliced
- 2 Teaspoon Fresh Oregano
- 1/2 Cup Dry white wine Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
- 1/2 Cup Chicken stock Low Sodium - Organic
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Bunch kale or Swiss Chard Torn into small pieces
- 2 Cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and lightly pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until it is the same thickness throughout, approximately 1/2 inch. Remove and discard plastic wrap and liberally season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and olive oil to a large skillet and set to medium-high heat. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until garlic begins to brown. Remove garlic from pan with a slotted spoon and discard. Add shallots and red pepper flakes, if desired, to the garlic infused pan oil and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add butter and lemon slices to pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the lemon "melts." Push the lemon rinds to the sides of the skillet and place chicken breasts in pan, being careful not to overcrowd. (Work in batches, if necessary). Cook the breasts for 5-7 minutes per side, until the breasts start to brown and an instant-read thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the kale by heating garlic and olive oil in a separate skillet over medium-high height for about 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat and add kale. Stir frequently until the kale has completely wilted and is thoroughly mixed with the olive oil and garlic. Remove from heat and add fresh lemon juice and stir. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Once finished, remove chicken from heat and tent with aluminum foil to rest.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat and deglaze with the white wine and chicken stock. Scrape the brown bits off the bottom of pan and then simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Pour pan sauce over chicken breasts and serve with saluted kale or Swiss chard.