Your Summer Super Fruit
Cherries are rich with anti-inflammatory compounds to help fight your inflammation, help reduce belly fat and reduce post muscle pain from exercising. Add cherries to your weekly grocery list, whether you choose fresh or frozen, you’ll reap some delicious benefits.
I’m a lazy cook, so I choose to buy organic frozen cherries. The thought of pitting a cup of cherries just doesn’t make me smile.
Cherries are a great addition to any meal and we’ll start with breakfast. Breakfast doesn’t have to be full of empty calories and loaded with sugar and carbs. You can eat a delicious healthy breakfast and here’s a breakfast favorite of mine loaded with cherries.
Kick-start your day with this delicious Morning Cherry Oats recipe.
Morning Cherry Oats
Breakfast oats are a delicious healthy way to begin your day.
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats (Gluten Free)
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk – Unsweetened (Make Your Own)
- 116 grams Cherries – Pitted (Can use frozen)
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds (Organic)
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup (Organic)
- 1 Tbsp Almond Butter (Organic)
- 2 Tbsp Almond Milk – Unsweetened (Make Your Own)
Pit fresh cherries or thaw frozen cherries
- In small mixing bowl, add cherries and mash gently, then add the Chia seeds and maple syrup. Stir and set aside to allow the Chia seeds to swell – approximately 5 minutes.
- In a breakfast bowl, or your favorite pretty jar, layer the following
1/4 cup rolled oats / 1/4 cup almond milk / 1/2 cherry mixture
1/4 cup rolled oats / 1/4 cup almond milk / 1 Tbsp almond butter / 1/2 cherry mixture
Drizzle 2 Tbsp almond milk
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
You may not enjoy cold refrigerated oats, here’s a simple solution – fix this recipe 30 minutes prior to eating to allow the oats to absorb the liquid.