Nuts and more nuts – I’m considered a “Nut-aholic” – I’m drawn to nuts like a squirrel.
With an entire pantry shelf dedicated to all types of nuts, creating different recipes is a nutty habit I have. My grandson enjoys joining me on my quest of mixing nuts with various ingredients.
This is a favorite recipe for my Holiday table. Quick and simple and just the right flavors to offset all those sweets you’ve been nibbling on.
Mix up a batch ahead of time and always be prepared with a quick hostess gift for that unexpected invite.
Use a mixture of your favorite nuts to make this a holiday favorite.
Make this ahead of the holidays and have ready for your entertaining.
- 4 cups Mixed Nuts – Unsalted
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar – Tightly Packed
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter – melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss until nuts are completely coated and all seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Spread nuts onto lined baking sheet into a single layer. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes before stirring nuts to ensure they are evenly toasting. Continue baking for another 8 – 10 minutes or until nuts are a nice golden brown. Watch closely in final minutes, however, to ensure the nuts do not overcook.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with additional sea salt or other seasonings, if desired. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container once cooled.