Want a fun and festive way to celebrate the holidays?
When I think of Martinis, I don’t think of someone like me making them. Well my perception of who and who cannot make a Martini changed with this recipe. If I can make a Martini, you can make one too. So, let’s impress our friends and offer them a beautiful festive Martini and be prepared to make seconds. They’ll love the crushed candy cane rim that complements the chocolate and peppermint flavors perfectly.
TIP: Make sure you use the white crème de cacao for this recipe. The taste of the dark version works well, but it won’t give you the look you are after.
Rimmed with peppermint candy, this holiday festive drink will quickly become a favorite.
- 2 oz Vanilla Vodka – Chilled
- 1 oz White Creme de cacao – Chilled
- 1 oz Peppermint Schnapps – Chilled
- 3 oz Peppermint Candy – Crushed
- 1/4 Fresh Lime
- 1 Small Candy Cane – Garnish
- Place peppermint candy in a plastic bag and cover with a towel. Pound bag with a meat mallet or rolling pin until the candy is crushed into very small pieces. Transfer crushed candy pieces to a flat plate
- Run a small wedge of lime around the rim of a martini glass until it is very well moistened. Turn the martini glass upside down and place moistened rim onto plate of crushed peppermints. Turn the glass gently to ensure the entire rim is evenly coated
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice and add vodka, crème de cacao, and peppermint schnapps. Shake vigorously until thoroughly combined. Strain chilled liquid into a prepared martini glass and add a small candy cane, if desired. Serve immediately.