A spiced chicken wrap with the traditional flavor of Shawarma.
Your family will think you spent all day preparing this traditional flavored dish.
Shawarma-Spiced Chicken Wraps
- 2 - 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 6 Chicken Thighs Boneless and Skinless
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Greek Yogurt Dressing
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Clove Garlic Grated
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Dill
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bibb or Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- Tomato Slices
- Cucumber Slices
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic, spices, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk to combine.
- Place chicken thighs in a large, sealable plastic bag and pour marinade mixture on top. Seal the bag and gently turn to thoroughly coat chicken. Place in the refrigerator for several hours to overnight.
- To prepare the yogurt sauce, combine all ingredients in a glass or other non-reactive bowl and stir to combine. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from bag and discard remaining marinade. Add the chicken to the hot skillet and brown on each side, approximately 2 minutes per side. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, approximately 6-7 minutes per side. Remove from heat and let cool for several minutes.
- Slice chicken and arrange on lettuce leaves and top with tomatoes and cucumbers. Drizzle with Greek yogurt dressing and serve immediately.